Welcome to Silverdale. As a member, you agree to and are responsible for following all Silverdale Gun Club Range Safety Rules at all times when using Silverdale Gun Club facilities.
- Book range time for guaranteed space – you are welcome to just drop in and take a chance for space or if you need help booking call 905-957-7362 or email firstname.lastname@example.org Our lines are busy so leave your membership number, date, range, and time you would like us to book for you.
- One guest per member per visit
- Maintain 6 feet social distance from others at the range
- Wear a mask when entering any building on the property
HOURS OF OPERATION: 8 am to sunset (daily)
STORE & OFFICE: Monday to Friday 10 to 5 and Saturday & Sunday 9 to 5
RANGE HOURS: 8 am to 8 pm (or sunset) for members – Members with guests during office hours (see above)
SILVERDALE GUN CLUB – TERMS & AGREEMENT
- Membership cost is $500.00 for active and $300.00 for senior.
- All memberships expire on March 31st each year.
- Silverdale membership is non-transferable, and you will agree not to loan out your membership card to another individual.
- I will notify Silverdale of any changes in my contact information.
- CANCELLATION POLICY
- Cancellations should be done by email or in writing, no cancellation will be complete over the phone.
- Full refunds will be given within 10 days of renewing or becoming a member.
- After 10 days you will be refunded the balance of the year minus 3% processing fee and $40.00 insurance cost.
- Membership cancellations for those who are on a payment plan, please allow 10 business days processing. No refunds will be issued for those members using the payment plan.
- No discounts will be given if the range is closed by order of the Chief Firearms Office or government.
- Cancellation of membership will result in past members having to reapply for a new membership the following year. You will no longer be an active member and will not be eligible to renew the following year.
- Silverdale is not responsible for lost or stolen items while on the premises.
- Silverdale Gun Club reserves the right to terminate membership privileges, without refund, for an account overdue more than 60 days, or suspend/cancel a membership in its sole discretion for inappropriate behavior or failure to comply with the Range Rules and Regulations.
ARRIVING AT THE RANGE:
- Members swipe membership card at the gate then proceed downrange
- Members with guests register at the office, during office hours only. Once downrange you will meet the RSO on duty for a safety briefing prior to shooting…safety card given at the office must be presented to the RSO
- Please ensure that your firearms and ammunition are in separate containers
- Shooting is permitted
- No one shall cross the firing line
- Muzzle control must be maintained at all times, on target when shooting, straight up unloaded action open when placing in the gun rack.
- No handling of firearms, ammunition, magazines
- People are permitted to go downrange to post targets
- No one is permitted on the firing line during a green flag.
- Stepping off the range prevents shooters from handling items on the benches.
- Prior to flag change, firearms should be unloaded, action open, transferred with the muzzle up to the gun rack.
- If a firearm is too short to properly be held in the rear rack, it may be placed on the table in the same manner as a handgun as per the RSO discretion
- If you arrive and there is no flag, RANGE CLOSED for maintenance
RULES AND REGULATIONS
CASING AND UNCASING FIREARMS
- All firearms must be in a hard or soft case.
- Firearms (cased) can be brought onto the range on a green or red flag. If bringing your firearm on the range (cased) on a green flag, please place the firearm and then step off until directed by Range Safety Officer states otherwise.
- Uncase your firearm on your shooting bench with muzzle pointed downrange.
- Remove the lock, open the action and remove the magazine if inserted before taking your hands off your firearm
- Cases should be placed beside or under your bench or in your vehicle, not on the back of the gun rest.
- The same rules apply when shooting trap, never remove your firearm from the case to bring onto the trap ranges. Uncasing should always be done on the safe table in view of other shooters and range safety officer.
- On the trap range informs the RSO of your arrival and wait for permission to uncase at the safe table.
- Ear and eyewear is mandatory at all times while on the firing
- A flag system is in place at all times.
- NO sandals, open toes shoes, or flip flops are permitted on the range,
- No passing a loaded firearm
- Do not leave your firearm unattended or with an unlicensed person
- No use of cellphones, MP3 players, or cameras while shooting or supervising a guest.
- Review all your pictures and videos clearly before posting on social media
- No shooting at wildlife.
- Deliberate damage to property will not be tolerated.
- You are responsible to clean up after yourself. Supplies are provided on each range.
NO PERSON IS PERMITTED TO RUN A BUSINESS ON THE PROPERTY OF SILVERDALE GUN CLUB…This includes and is not limited to:
- Selling of reloads, bullets, ammunition, equipment, or firearms including any related firearm goods for profit. You are welcome to sell personal firearms and ammunition.
- No person shall charge another to use personal firearms or resale ammunition for profit.
- No person(s) are welcome to run courses or training for profit.
- No video recording or photography for the purpose of business to promote other ranges or retail stores.
MEMBERS AND GUESTS
- Members are welcome to bring one licensed and one unlicensed guest each visit.
- Bringing a guest start time 10 am weekdays and 9 am on weekends.
- All guests will register at the office and pay a $20.00 per day pass fee.
- Guests are not welcome to bring restricted handguns onto the property
- You and your guest must share one shooting bench. It is your responsibility to supervise your guests (licensed and unlicensed).
- At no time should there be more than 2 people at the bench?
- You will be responsible for your guest’s infraction and behavior while at the range.
- When not shooting extra guests should be behind the bench.
- All firearm injuries should be reported to the range officer on duty or the head range officer immediately or as soon as possible. If medical attention is needed it takes priority over notifying anyone.
- First aid kits are provided on each range, for basic cuts and injuries. For major traumas call 911 immediately.
ALCOHOL/CANNABIS or DRUGS
- No alcohol, cannabis, or illegal/illicit drugs are permitted past the front gate at any time
- No person under the influence of alcohol or illegal/illicit drugs shall be permitted past the front gate
- Including prescription drugs that could hinder your performance and other safety while at the range.
- Large splatter targets ($) and paper targets will be available through the RSO’s downrange.
- Large sighting targets and splatter burst targets are available on the range, ask the RSO
- AR500 only steel targets must be completely shrouded inside bunkers a minimum of 12 deep and angled forward so as to direct any splash’ or ricochets into the ground.
- Rimfire is not permitted on AR500 targets but is allowed on ground-based spinners made exclusively for rimfire.
- Paper targets must be stapled to the colored backboards, not on the posts or cross boards. Placing any other object anywhere downrange, on the ground, posts, or cross boards will result in immediate expulsion for the day. Consideration of further action, including suspension, will be given.
- We encourage members and guests to report unusual or suspicious behavior.
- Do not place any target or object on top of posts or cross boards.
- Do not staple targets on the bunkers.
- Shooting at targets on the ground or berms is prohibited on covered ranges.
- Shooters are required to use only the backboards directly in front of them and that correspond with the color on your bench (no cross-firing)
- Holsters may only be used by members with an approved holster qualification: Updated, current paperwork may be requested by the RSO.
- Holsters may be used on the #6 handgun range and #7 action range(s) only.
- Range #6 (10 yards) holstered shooters must be as close to the bench as possible before drawing a firearm, ensuring near-vertical arm movement while keeping the firearm over the firing line.
- Range #7 (25 yards) shooters may stand between benches or with the RSO’s approval may temporarily clear a larger area, still at the firing line, by moving a bench.
- Holstered handguns may only be loaded when immediately engaging targets at the firing line, otherwise they must be unloaded and with the magazine removed.
- The muzzle of a holstered handgun must not point further than 3 feet away from the shooter’s feet when standing in a relaxed manner, and must not point towards the shooter’s body
- Shooters will never have their holstered firearms behind any other shooter unless the magazine is removed
- On a green flag, firearms may remain in the holster with magazines removed and safety on (if applicable). You may then move downrange to change targets.
- Range officer may request you cease use of holsters if he deems you to be dangerous or careless especially when other shooters are present.
- Must have holster certification from any of our recognized providers, RSO may ask for proof that membership certification is current and up to date.
- Rapidfire is permitted with a handgun and rifles
- All other ranges are limited to 1 shot every 2-3 seconds for members and 1 shot every 5 seconds for guests
- Rapid-fire with a shotgun is NEVER PERMITTED
- Guests may never rapid fire.
- No shot is to be used on any range other than the two trap fields.
- No tracer, incendiary, or prohibited ammunition are permitted at anytime
- Armor-piercing rounds are never to be used
- Steel core (non-armor piercing) are permitted
- Black powder (or black powder substitutes) must not be placed on the shooting benches
- Unwanted or dud ammo should be discarded in the red dummy tubes located on all covered ranges
- No smoking at the benches
- Driving on Silverdale property, particularly the laneway, at speeds in excess of 15 km an hour will be considered an infraction resulting in a written warning.
- One member, one licensed guest, and one unlicensed guest is the maximum size group permissible
- Members are fully responsible for their guests’ behavior and conduct at all times.
- Trigger locks are used to prevent your finger from going into the trigger guard, it is not used to make the gun safe.
We have done our best to outline our expectations in the hope that it will make your shooting experience as satisfying as possible. However, if you have any questions or uncertainty please stop what you are doing and ask one of the staff members for assistance.
RANGE SUPERVISOR: Tony Bostock
HEAD RANGE OFFICERS: Mike Tayti and Todd Rotchell
Range #1-10’/25’ handgun/rifle
- Mentor/Marksmen private lessons.
- No rapid fire permitted
- Shooting clinics for those that are required to attend due to infractions or penalties.
Range #2 – 100 Yard
- Shotguns (slug only) and Rifles only
- No rapid fire at anytime
- No shot permitted
- Bunker located in the center of the range for approved steel targets
Range #3 – 200 Yard
- Shotguns (slug only) and rifles only
- No rapid fire at anytime
- No rimfire permitted to be shot at the steel gong.
- Benches to the right of the yellow sign are for shooting at the gong ONLY.
RANGE #4 – 50 Yard
- Shotguns (slug only) and rifles permitted
- No Rapid fire
RANGE #5 – 50 Yard
- Shotguns (slug only) and rifles permitted
- No rapid fire
RANGE #6 – 10 Yard Handgun Only
- Pistol, pistol caliber carbines, rimfire rifle only
- All shooting is towards the back berm only
- Minimum engagement of 10 yards for hard targets.
- Rapid fire and holsters are permitted on this range at a distance no further than 10 meters and with appropriate qualifications1w
RANGE #7 – 25 Yard Handgun/Rifle
- Pistol only on the left side of the range
- Rifle benches on the right side of the range.
- Rapid-fire is permitted with pistol and rifle only
- No shot pellets
Range #17 & #18 -Trap Fields
- Shotgun only. #7 1/2, #8 and #9 size shot only
- No hunting loads (i.e. turkey loads)
- Shooters must pick up all spent shells
- Shooters are permitted to load only one shell – when ready to shoot
- Loading and setup of the trap range is to be done by RSO
RANGE # 8 to 11 Competition Ranges
- Under construction
- Located behind the garage at the front of the property.
- This an Ontario Archery Association designed range.
- Remove your targets when done shooting
Silverdale has ZERO TOLERANCE
For the following …
- Muzzle direction other than downrange or straight up.
- Sweeping others with your firearm.
- Allowing an unlicensed guest to shoot or handle a firearm unsupervised.
- Passing a loaded firearm to another person including a guest.
- Leaving a loaded firearm unattended in any location including on the benches.
- Handling an uncased firearm, magazines, ammunition, or attempting to shoot on a green flag.
- Leaving the firing line to go downrange on a red flag.
- Abusive, argumentative, or disrespectful behavior directed towards any range officer, staff, member, or Silverdale guest.
Breach of any of the above will result in your immediate removal from Silverdale property plus possible further action.